Healthy Strawberry Cottage Cheese Smoothie
This healthy, high protein smoothie ditches chalky protein powders for cottage cheese! The cottage cheese provides an unbelievably creamy texture that tastes like a milkshake. I use Hood Cottage Cheese with Strawberry to double up on the strawberry flavor, but you could use a plain cottage cheese instead. If so, sweeten the smoothie to taste using honey or strawberry jam. To take these smoothies over the top, dollop them with unsweetened whipped cream and crumble a few freeze-dried strawberries over top.
Servings: 2 smoothies
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 cup Hood Cottage Cheese with Strawberry
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- When adding ingredients to the blender, it’s best to add the liquid first. The liquid will help the other ingredients to circulate around the blade.
- If you use a plain cottage cheese, sweeten the smoothie to taste using honey or strawberry jam.
- I use a Vitamix to make this smoothie, but any blender will work! If the smoothie is too thick to move around the blade, scrape the sides and add a splash more milk.