Healthy Cottage Cheese Veggie Dip
This healthy herbed veggie dip is a cinch to make and pairs perfectly with veggies, crackers and/or chips. Cottage cheese gives the dip an ultra creamy texture and a boost of protein, while garlic, dill and scallions lend it an irresistible flavor. You can serve the dip on snack boards, on crudité platters, or as a simple but nutritious snack. It’s also fabulous with potato chips for a lightened-up game day appetizer!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups Hood Country Style Cottage Cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Plop the garlic into a mini food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the lemon juice, cottage cheese, dried oregano, dill, scallions and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. If you prefer a thinner texture, blend in a touch more milk.
Storage: The dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If needed, give the dip a stir before serving.
- You'll need a mini food processor to make this creamy dip, or you can use a small blender.
- If you don't have fresh dill, you can use 1 ½ teaspoons of dried dill instead.
- For an even easier dip, omit the scallions and use Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive.