Grilled Broccoli with Chile Garlic Honey
This grilled broccoli recipe is a game changer. The broccoli turns crispy on the edges and tender in the center, and it’s seriously easy to make (without heating up your kitchen!). A chile- and garlic-infused honey takes the grilled broccoli over the top, giving it an irresistible sweet and spicy flavor. It’s an easy, healthy side dish that will steal the show.
Servings: 4 people
Hot Garlic Honey
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 red fresno chile or small jalapeño thinly sliced (or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pound broccoli cut into 4-to-5 inch spears
- 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Make the hot garlic honey
In a small saucepan, combine the honey, garlic and chile. Bring the honey to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook 2 minutes (it will get quite foamy). Add the vinegar and cook, stirring, for a few seconds longer. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
Grill the broccoli
Place the broccoli in a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Season well with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Arrange the broccoli on the grill, positioning the spears crosswise to the grates so that they don’t fall through. Cover and grill until the broccoli is lightly charred with grill marks, about 5-6 minutes. Using tongs, flip the broccoli over. Cover and continue cooking, turning occasionally if needed, until deeply charred in spots and tender, about 4-6 minutes longer.
- Serve this grilled broccoli as side dish alongside Romesco Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pork Chops, burgers or any main course you like. You can also chop it up and pile it over Ricotta Crostini as an appetizer.
- If you prefer, you can grill the broccoli on a grill topper pan. If using a grill topper you can use smaller florets.
- Tongs make it easy to flip the broccoli on the grill.
- You can roast the broccoli in the oven instead. Cut the broccoli into florets, toss them with the oil, then roast them in a 450˚F (230˚C) oven until crispy on the outside and tender in the center, stirring halfway through, about 20 minutes. Drizzle with the hot garlic honey.
- If you like this grilled broccoli, try these Grilled Potatoes!