Mexican Street Corn
By Michele Olivier. Recipe from Little Bento: 32 Irresistible Bento Box Lunches for Kids (Sonoma Press, ©2016).
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ears corn , kernels cut off the cobs, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or sour cream , 2% or full-fat
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cotija cheese , shredded or crumbled
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the kernels are golden brown and some are just starting to burn, 7 to 10 minutes. You will want some pieces of the corn to be slightly charred.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the yogurt sauce until well combined. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve. If packing for lunch, cool completely before placing in the bento box.