Smoky Roasted Shrimp
These super simple roasted shrimp are slightly smoky and sweet—watch out, they’re addictive! You can buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined, which makes the recipe very fast. If you buy the shrimp frozen, be sure to dry them well with paper towels after defrosting.
- 1 pound small shrimp (preferably wild; 51 to 60 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Pat the shrimp dry. Place them on the baking sheet and toss with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until pink, firm and cooked through. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.