No-Churn Vegan Mango Ice Cream with Coconut Peanut Crumble
This soft-serve style vegan mango ice cream gets buzzed up in minutes right in the Vitamix or food processor. I prefer to serve it right away, when the texture is ultra creamy. While it’s delicious as-is, you can take it to superhero status with a sprinkle of coconut peanut crumble (scroll down for the recipe), which is slightly crunchy and salty (if you mix it in, you get a Blizzard type of situation—swoon). Take note that you’ll need half of a frozen banana for this recipe, so be sure to freeze it before beginning (I keep a stash of frozen, peeled bananas in a ziptop bag in my freezer at all times for ice creams and smoothies).
Servings: 4 people
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk, well stirred, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 10- ounce bag frozen mango chunks
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Coconut Peanut Crumble, for serving (optional, see below)
You can make the ice cream in a Vitamix or food processor. Place all of the ingredients (except the crumble) into the Vitamix or food processor. If using the Vitamix, start the machine on speed one. Using the tamper, press the ingredients into the blade, while slowly increasing to the highest speed. Keep stirring with the tamper until the mixture is thick and smooth. If using the food processor, process until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides occasionally. Either way, if the ice cream is too thick, drizzle in a touch more coconut milk, till you get a consistency close to soft serve.
Serve the ice cream immediately. If you’d like garnish with Coconut Peanut Crumble (yes, please!).
Make it Ahead: I prefer to eat this ice cream right away, soft-serve style, but it can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It will harden in the freezer, so let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes to soften before scooping.
- This easy ice cream gets made in a Vitamix or Food Processor. All of the ingredients are simply added then blended until smooth. Be sure to stop and scrape the sides occasionally (and to stir with the tamper if using the Vitamix).
- Use a full-fat coconut milk for the best flavor and texture. Be sure to stir the coconut milk well before using.