These roasted chickpeas are awesome on their own as a snack, or you can sprinkle them over salads or chickpea waffles! Be sure to pat the chickpeas dry before roasting to help them crisp up.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 450˚Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the smoked paprika, granulated garlic and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil, and toss well to coat. Roast 15 minutes, shaking the pan twice during cooking, or until the chickpeas are crisp and are starting to split. As soon as they come out of the oven, season them with more salt and pepper. Do Ahead: The roasted chickpeas can be made up to 2 hours in advance. Store uncovered at room temperature.