This ultra silky, easy chocolate sauce recipe does double duty as fondue! Made with just chocolate and heavy cream (with a touch of vanilla and salt), it comes together in minutes. Drizzle the sauce over ice cream, or serve it as fondue with your favorite fixings for dunking. It's the ultimate easy dessert.
Easy chocolate sauce recipe
This easy chocolate sauce recipe is a total game changer. Instead of melting chocolate with cream in a saucepan or in the microwave - which results in a thick, often goopy texture - the sauce is made in a mini food processor. The result is the creamiest, silkiest, lightest chocolate sauce ever!!
How to make this easy chocolate sauce:
- Place coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I prefer 70% cocoa content) in a mini food processor, then process until finely chopped.
- In a small pot, bring heavy cream, vanilla and salt to a boil. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate in the food processor, then process until smooth. Done!
Easy chocolate sauce recipe for ice cream
This is the ultimate chocolate sauce for ice cream sundaes. The silky texture and rich chocolate flavor pairs well with just about any kind of ice cream or gelato.
Easy chocolate fondue
The sauce is also an amazing fondue! Serve it in a bowl (there's no need to heat it) with fresh fruit, cookies, marshmallows and/or potato chips (try it) for dunking. It's a fun dessert that the whole family will love.
Vegan chocolate sauce
For a vegan chocolate sauce, swap out the heavy cream for coconut cream.
Yes! This easy chocolate sauce lasts for two weeks in the fridge. Simply reheat it in the microwave before serving.
All you need are good quality dark chocolate, heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt. Process the chocolate in a food processor until finely chopped, then pour in hot cream, vanilla and salt. Process again until smooth. The result is the silkiest chocolate sauce ever.
Chocolate syrup typically has corn syrup added to it. This homemade chocolate sauce has no added sugar!
Get the recipe!
The Easiest Chocolate Sauce Recipe / Chocolate Fondue
- 4 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, (I prefer 70% cocoa content), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the chocolate in a mini food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped into small pieces. Once it’s evenly chopped, process until very finely ground.
- Heat the heavy cream, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then immediately pour the hot cream over the chocolate in the food processor.
- Process just until the mixture turns silky, about 5 seconds. Be careful not to overmix, as it could result in a grainy sauce.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over ice cream, or serve it as fondue with fresh fruit, cookies, etc. for dunking.
- You'll need a mini food processor to make this easy chocolate sauce, or you can use a high speed blender such as a Vitamix.
- Use a good quality dark chocolate. I prefer a chocolate with 70% cocoa content (since you're adding cream, the chocolate won't be too strong).
- There's no need to add any sugar to this chocolate sauce! The chocolate provides enough sweetness.
- For a vegan chocolate sauce, swap out the heavy cream for coconut cream.
I’d love to hear what you’re cooking, and I’m happy to answer any questions! #FromScratchFast
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale (at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting FromScratchFast!!