Beware: this is the silkiest, creamiest, easiest chocolate sauce recipe, and it doubles as chocolate fondue! Made with just chocolate and heavy cream (with a touch of vanilla and salt), it comes together in mere minutes. You can even drink it as hot chocolate, which will change your life forever. (Sorry!) [Plus: New video below!]
I love Valentine’s Day, and not because all of the romance bullhonky, but because it’s a holiday, and I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate on a weekday. Every year I decorate the table with red streamers, and we make a big pot of fondue (which you can read all about here). The kids love eating fondue, and even though I always intend to make it more than once a year, for some reason twelve months inevitably slip by before we eat it again. Maybe it’s more special that way.
Easy chocolate sauce recipe for dipping or ice cream!
For dessert, it has to be chocolate fondue. “Fondue” is a bit of an overstatement, as I’d be crazy to feed my kids a big pot of bubbling chocolate before bedtime (they’d be up for days. Who am I kidding, I’d be up for days). Instead, I’ve typically melted a bit of chocolate with cream in a little ramekin, into which we dunk our fixings. However, last year when writing my cookbook, I discovered a new way to make chocolate sauce, and it’s a total game changer. Instead of melting chocolate with cream in a saucepan or in the microwave, which results in a thick, often goopy texture, I chopped chocolate in a mini food processor and added hot cream. After a quick buzz, I had the creamiest, silkiest, lightest chocolate sauce ever!!
It’s our staple Saturday night sundae sauce, and now it’s my very favorite fondue. I serve it with fresh fruit, cookies and sometimes marshmallows for dunking, if Ella gets her way. 🙂
Boozy, coffee hot chocolate
The sauce lasts for weeks in the fridge, and I dare you not to heat some up, add a shot of coffee and a shot of brandy or liqueur, and sip it when the kids aren’t watching… HEAVEN.
p.s. if you haven’t subscribed to my You Tube channel yet, I’ll be posting additional videos and tips there! Click here then select the red “subscribe” button on the right hand side. This would be soooo helpful, because the more subscribers I get, the more videos I’ll be able to offer. Thank you!!
Get the recipe!
The Easiest Chocolate Sauce Recipe / Chocolate Fondue
- 4 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate (I prefer 70% cocoa content), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the chocolate in a mini food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped into small pieces. Once it’s evenly chopped, process until very finely ground.
- Heat the heavy cream, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then immediately pour the hot cream over the chocolate in the food processor.
- Process just until the mixture turns silky, about 5 seconds. Be careful not to overmix, as it could result in a grainy sauce.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over ice cream, or serve it as fondue with fresh fruit, cookies, etc. for dunking. Do Ahead: The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. To reheat, microwave on high in 15-second intervals, until warmed through.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale (at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting FromScratchFast!!
I’d love to hear what you’re cooking, and I’m happy to answer any questions! #FromScratchFast