Looking for an easy way to take your desserts to the next level? You’ve got to try this cardamom whipped cream. With sweet spice from cardamom and vanilla, and a gentle tang from creme fraiche (or sour cream), it elevates nearly any dessert. Try it with these Grilled Peaches, or with your favorite pies, cakes, sundaes and more (scroll down to see my favorite serving suggestions!).
- Heavy cream: You can use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream (which are essentially the same thing, but whipping cream has a slightly lower fat content).
- Cardamom: Cardamom gives the whipped cream a sweet spice that pairs perfectly with fruit (like peaches, strawberries, blueberries and apples) as well as with chocolate (swoon!).
- Vanilla: Vanilla paste provides a rich vanilla bean flavor (at a fraction of the cost of fresh vanilla beans!), but you can use vanilla extract instead.
- Sugar: You only need ½ teaspoon of sugar in this whipped cream.
- Creme fraiche or sour cream: gives the whipped cream a gentle tang and also makes it more stable (meaning you can make it ahead).
Substitutions and variations:
For cinnamon whipped cream, swap out the cardamom for ground cinnamon. You can also use ¼ teaspoon of almond extract in place of the vanilla for a sweet almond flavor.
How to serve cardamom whipped cream:
This whipped cream is amazing on practically any dessert (or try it on Hot Cacao!). Below are some of my favorites:
- Grilled Peaches
- Strawberry Galette & Apple Galette
- Peach Crisp, Strawberry Crisp & Apple Crisp
- Pear Crumble
- Blueberry Cake
- Chocolate Almond Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cakes
I'd love to answer any of your questions and see what you're cooking!! Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & Pinterest, and be sure to tag @fromscratchfast so that I can share your creations!
Get the recipe!
Cardamom Whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream, vanilla, sugar and cardamom. Using electric beaters (or a large balloon whisk), but the cream until soft peaks form. Add the crème fraiche or sour cream and beat to medium peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Vanilla paste provides a rich vanilla bean flavor (at a fraction of the cost of fresh vanilla beans!), but you can use vanilla extract instead.
- This whipped cream is amazing on practically any dessert (or try it on Hot Cacao!), including: