Having a batch of this whipped cottage cheese dip in the fridge is like having a superhero on call. It’s an ultra creamy, healthy veggie dip that you can pull out for after-school snacks, last minute guests or I’m-starving-somebody-feed-me moments (am I the only one who has those?). The dip is packed with protein, is flavored with garlic, dill and scallions, and makes snacking on veggies easy and irresistible.
Healthy garlic & dill veggie dip
My oldest daughter is wary (read: PICKY) of raw vegetables. She’ll nibble on raw carrots and cucumbers, but the only way to get her to devour other veggies is with a DIP. This creamy garlic and dill dip, which is reminiscent of ranch, is one of our family staples (and one of her favorites). You can serve it as a snack, pack it for lunches or even dress it up for parties.
Easy whipped cottage cheese dip recipe
This is an easy recipe made with garlic, herbs and cottage cheese. The cottage cheese is the secret superpower ingredient, lending loads of creaminess and protein.
What kind of cottage cheese should I use?
You’ll want to use plain cottage cheese in this recipe, such as Hood Country Style Cottage Cheese. As you might remember from this breakfast strata recipe, my love for cottage cheese runs deep. While we love to eat it plain as a snack, it’s also a great way to add creaminess and protein to a myriad of dishes, from pasta, to eggs to smoothies, like this creamy strawberry smoothie.
How to make cottage cheese dip:
- In a mini food processor (or you can use a blender), process a small garlic clove in a mini food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add cottage cheese, lemon juice, dill, scallions, dried oregano and milk.
3. Process until smooth and creamy!
Healthy dip for carrots & other garden vegetables
You can serve this dip with any vegetables you like, such as carrots, cucumbers, radishes, peppers, celery, blanched asparagus and/or broccoli.
Healthy dip for potato chips
The dip is also fantastic with crackers, veggie chips and potato chips! We love it as a lighter dip option for parties and game days.
You can serve this healthy veggie dip on a snack board or crudité platter, or you can scoop it straight from the fridge, as I’ve been known to do.
Cottage cheese is a fantastic source of protein and calcium, and this dip has far less fat than mayonnaise- or sour cream-based dips.
Thank you to Hood Cottage Cheese for partnering with me on this post. While I was compensated for this post, all opinions and recipes are mine alone.
Tips for making this recipe:
- You'll need a mini food processor to make this creamy dip, or you can use a small blender.
- If you don't have fresh dill, you can use 1 ½ teaspoons of dried dill instead.
- For an even easier dip, omit the scallions and use Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive.
Looking for more healthy dips and appetizers? Try these:
- Pea & Goat Cheese Dip
- Warm Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Sriracha Cream Cheese Dip
- Warm Artichoke Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Easy Fig Chutney for Cheese
Other recipes that use cottage cheese:
- Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Strata
- Cottage Cheese Tartines (Sweet & Savory!)
- Roasted Ratatouille Toasts
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothies
Get the recipe!
Healthy Cottage Cheese Veggie Dip
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups Hood Country Style Cottage Cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Plop the garlic into a mini food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the lemon juice, cottage cheese, dried oregano, dill, scallions and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. If you prefer a thinner texture, blend in a touch more milk.
I'd love to answer any of your questions and see what you're cooking!! Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & Pinterest, and be sure to tag @fromscratchfast so that I can share your creations!
*This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links to products I use and love (from which I earn income, at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting From Scratch Fast!