This cold cucumber soup might just be the most refreshing thing you taste all summer.
This is a last-minute unscheduled post, as I’ve had several people ask me for the recipe for the cold cucumber soup that I recently posted on Instagram. The recipe actually comes from my Craftsy class, and it’s one of my FAVORITE speedy lunches or dinnertime appetizers on sweltering days! Unlike most chilled soups, which require hours of refrigeration before eating, this cucumber soup can be served straight out of the blender. That means you’re just minutes away from one of the most refreshing soups on the planet! All you do is throw everything in the Vitamix or blender, and let it do its thing. With garlic, jalapeño, scallions, dill, buttermilk and lemon juice, it’s a vivacious, healthy meal that will chill things down during the dog days of summer.
Put your blender to work this summer for things other than smoothies! My Craftsy class features a ton of other blender and Vitamix recipes, from pancakes and crepes, to a frozen watermelon drink/dessert that will blow you away, to homemade blueberry jam and even ice cream. If you want to check it out, I’m offering half off the class at this link!
5-Minute Cold Cucumber Soup
You’re just minutes away from one of the most refreshing soups on the planet! Unlike most chilled soups, which require hours of refrigeration before eating, this 5-minute cucumber soup can be served straight out of the blender. All you do is throw everything into the blender or Vitamix, and let it do its thing. The key is to make sure that your cucumbers and buttermilk are cold (coming straight out of the refrigerator) before beginning.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 small green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds seedless (English) cucumbers (about 2 large cucumbers), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for serving
- Flaky sea salt for serving , optional
- Place the buttermilk, garlic cloves, jalapeño, green onions, cucumbers, dill, lemon juice, Champagne vinegar and sugar in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and blend until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 day. Drizzle each bowl with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.
Make it Ahead: The soup can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Blend it briefly to reincorporate before serving.
I’d love to hear what you’re cooking, and I’m happy to answer any questions! #FromScratchFast
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale (at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting FromScratchFast!!